- SSI Open Water Course Materials and Certification Fees
- 1 Classroom Theory Lesson in SG
- 1 Confined Pool Session in SG
- 4 Open Water Training Dives
- Accommodation on Tioman Island
- Two-way Land & Sea Transfer between Singapore and Tioman Island
- Full Equipment Rental (Mask, Fins, Wetsuit, BCD, Regulator, Tanks + Weights)
- Breakfast & Lunch Meals on Tioman Island
- Dinner meal on Saturday night
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Visa (If applicable)
- Marine Park Fee: RM 30 (Payable directly @ ferry counter)
- PADI Course Materials and Certification (instead of SSI): + SGD 100
- Room Upgrade to Twin sharing Accommodation: + SGD 25 per person
- Room Upgrade to Single Occupancy Accommodation: + SGD 50 per person
- Additional Re-pool Session: SGD 99
- Trip Extension and Extra Fun Dives with the local dive centre: Please contact us BEFORE the course trip to make prior arrangements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are There Any Pre-Requisites To Take Up The Open Water Course?
1. You must be at least 10 years old.
2. You must be able to swim 200 metres or snorkel 300 metres.
3. You must be able to float or tread in the water for 10 minutes.
4. You must pass a medical questionnaire. A certified physician must determine that you are fit for scuba diving if you fail to meet any of the medical requirements.
Is Scuba Diving Safe?
Scuba diving, as with all extreme activities, carries a certain level of risk.
As such, proper training and guidance is required before you are able to be certified as an open water scuba diver.
How Long Will The Course Take?
The Open Water Diver course will take one week to complete.
Monday: Theory Session
Tuesday: Confined Pool Session
Saturday & Sunday: Dive Trip
What Will I See Underwater?
Hopefully, with a little effort and some luck, you will get to see all the wonderful marine life that the sea has to offer.
These include sea creatures such as turtles, stingrays, cuttlefish, pufferfish, and even (harmless) black-tip sharks!
Do note that these are wild animals with the freedom to roam the oceans. We are therefore unable to guarantee any sightings.
Follow us here to see all the highlights of our trips: https://www.instagram.com/scuba.voyagers/
Please note that you have to get clearance from a physician if you answer YES to any statement(s) on the medical questionnaire.
The SSI medical questionnaire can be downloaded below. Please contact us if you require the PADI medical questionnaire for PADI courses.
Saturday (Day 1)
- 6:00am Gather and board the bus towards Ferry Terminal in Malaysia
- 11:30am Arrive at Ferry Terminal and board ferry towards Tioman Island
- 2:00pm Arrive at Tioman Island. Lunch @ Dive Centre.
- 3:00pm Dive 1
- 5:00pm Dive 2
Sunday (Day 2)
- 6:30am Wake up & Breakfast
- 8:00am Dive 3
- 9:30am Dive 4
- 1:00pm Check out and board ferry from Tioman Island to mainland Malaysia
- 8:30pm Arrive back in Singapore
*Itinerary subject to change.